720 sqft & 6 people...

720 sqft & 6 people...what could possibly go wrong?!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Anticipating Needs

Hello and Happy Friday! Today's budget post will be quick: I've got company coming for the weekend to attend an airshow and see the Blue Angels! GAH!!!!!! I LOVE Blue Angels and I'm so excited for the kids to see them for the first time. As my husband put it, "I had to enlist to see them; y'all are lucky!"

Anyway, I like to keep a running tally of what each person in our household needs or is going to need in the near future. I do this for anything that is could cost me more than 5 bucks.

 It's so simple. Its purpose is two-fold: for big purchases like hubby's glasses, I won't be blindsided by the expense and for smaller items (summer shorts) I'll know I need to stalk the sales. I'd much rather pay 5-8 bucks for a pair of shorts than 12-16! Most everything in our house is new, mainly due to the renters trashing it, but when we lived in an older house, I also kept a list of upcoming home needs. Armed with your list, you can wait for sales, or free shipping promotions, etc. Every little bit really does add up.

Hope you have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment